Central Perk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFUCK YEAH FRIENDS CAPSLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

+++ click on the picture above for details on friends marathon +++
Central Perk's Friends Marathon is about fans uniting and re-watching this amazing show together!

Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?

Go down 
+7
LittleHarmonica
MsChanandlerBong
Andy
MonicaGeller
his_lobster
SmellyCat
channy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
channy
Admin
channy

Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? Empty
PostSubject: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 1:59 am

that's right Did she?
Back to top Go down
http://fuckyeahfriendscaps.tumblr.com/
SmellyCat
SmellyCat

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 2:48 am

I don't know. It did seem like Chandler gave up more for her than she did for him. But in the end, they loved each other equally, imo.
Back to top Go down
http://haaaaaaveyoumetted.tumblr.com/
channy
Admin
channy

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 5:14 am

She probably did but didn't know how to show it, or her obsession with super stupid things got in the way of showing her love towards him. Now, I'm not saying she didn't show her love for Chandler at all - she did, but things like "we're all here right now" while Chandler's not there wouldn't happen to Chandler. Now, I know that's what makes Monica FUNNY, but sometimes things like those would just piss me off. :/
Back to top Go down
his_lobster
his_lobster

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 12:19 pm

I believe she did! She just wasn't as "soft" as he was! She was more strict and strong! But you could definitely tell they loved each other the same and were crazy about each other! <3
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/gardhytejeda
MonicaGeller
MonicaGeller

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyWed Aug 10, 2011 11:19 pm

I believe so. She just sometimes had a different way of showing it, but I have no doubt she did :)
Back to top Go down
Andy

Andy

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 1:36 pm

Yeah, I agree with you guys, I guess they had such different personalities when it came to show love, which everyone has actually, right? ;) But, of course she loved him as much!
Back to top Go down
http://centralfiles.tumblr.com/
MsChanandlerBong

MsChanandlerBong

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 2:41 pm

I agree with the others, I mean she never tried to pressure him to go into a deeper relationship when he wasn't ready. To me, I see girls do the complete opposite and try to force the guy forward without being understanding about his hang ups. Sure, Monica had her obvious faults, but I think she and Chandler had a balanced relationship IMO.
Back to top Go down
Andy

Andy

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:30 pm

I just wanted a relationship like theirs for me. I wouldn't ask for anything else in the whole world.
Back to top Go down
channy
Admin
channy

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 11:47 pm

MsChanandlerBong wrote:
I agree with the others, I mean she never tried to pressure him to go into a deeper relationship when he wasn't ready. To me, I see girls do the complete opposite and try to force the guy forward without being understanding about his hang ups. Sure, Monica had her obvious faults, but I think she and Chandler had a balanced relationship IMO.
I guess you're right. It's just that there were various moments when she'd just not give a shit about what he thinks and what he has to say and that would piss me off, but overall I never really doubted her because she made him happy and she seemed happy as well.
Back to top Go down
MsChanandlerBong

MsChanandlerBong

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 2:29 am

Quote :
It's just that there were various moments when she'd just not give a shit about what he thinks and what he has to say and that would piss me off

OH DEFINITELY! I would become so annoyed when she would do that!
Back to top Go down
LittleHarmonica

LittleHarmonica

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:21 am

She could make harsh comments towards him, but Chandler did that at times towards her as well. But it was never meant to hurt eachother, they weren't the serious type of couple so i don't think it should be taken so serious when it comes to them. And yes no doubt Monica wore the pants in their relationship haha, but that's Monica, and he accepted her for who she was. And Monica accepted Chandler too, his constant sarcastic comments, and his childish behaviour at the beginning of their relationship etc. And like MsChanandlerBong said the fact that she didn't push him at all, since he already was afraid to commit was very understanding of her. I think they fitted eachother perfectly, and learned a lot from eachother. And loved eachother equally in my opinion. <3
Back to top Go down
Andy

Andy

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 1:06 pm

That's it, that is why I love them together, because they fit each other so well!!!
Back to top Go down
lexcentralperk

lexcentralperk

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyTue Sep 20, 2011 3:40 pm

We also have to understand that her personality, her character would be, most part of times, understood as annoying by most people, because she was competitive and controling. But as you said Harmonica, Chandler had flaws as well. That doesn't mean he loved her more or less or the other way around.
Back to top Go down
http://sittingonthetopoftheworld.tumblr.com/
Rachel Karen

Rachel Karen

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 3:19 am

Well... Most part of the time I saw Monica as the "male" of the relationship, you know? But I don't think it means she loves him less. And I think she is not the best as showing her soft side because of the inferiority feeling she has when it comes to her parents. Because of that I think she closed herself a little.
And the same goes for Chandler. He had lots of problems with his family too and very different from the one Monica had. So he was more soft and caring because those were things he missed from his parents.

And Chandler has his moments when she is not the best boyfriend/husband in the world too. Like when he smoked just because he was far away from her in Tulsa. I know that if we are going to count her "mistakes" and his, her number would be higher. But I'm only saying that I think she has her reasons to be like she is as much as Chandler has his reasons to be the way he is. Still they both know that it doesn't matter because they understand all that and love each other truly.

Or this won't make any sense for you guys and you'll think I'm just weird. eyeroll
Back to top Go down
http://adri-ane.tumblr.com/
SmellyCat
SmellyCat

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:11 am

That made perfect sense to me. I believe they loved each other equally but showed it in different ways.
Back to top Go down
http://haaaaaaveyoumetted.tumblr.com/
lexcentralperk

lexcentralperk

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 8:53 am

Yes, it made sense to me too. Thinking about it, Monica and Chandler had traumatizing childhoods, haha.
Back to top Go down
http://sittingonthetopoftheworld.tumblr.com/
channy
Admin
channy

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyFri Sep 23, 2011 10:11 am

I agree with Adriane as well. The two of them are really an example that a good relationship is not only based on the soulmate thing, or the fact that it's meant to be, but also that if you want to be in a good, steady relationship, you need to work on it and you need to be flexible enough to accept others with both their flaws and virtues. Both Monica and Chandler were able to do this, mostly because their parents weren't able to afford that to them in their childhoods.
Back to top Go down
Ken Adams

Ken Adams

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptySun Sep 25, 2011 1:52 pm

I'm sure she did. She did say some harsh things, and commented on his sexuality, but it was all the writer's fault, for the sake of humor I guess, I still didn't like it tho...(i.e saying things like "I'm not a bride anymore, now I'm just someone's wife" "are yo trying to say we're moving to tulsa ot that you're gay" "that's clearly a joke, this could easily be true(about ross writing that chandler was as gay as the day is long)" That really bothered me. But ignoring all those jokes you could tell she really loved him,I think she even said I love you way more times than he did and most of the times she started the kisses.
Back to top Go down
princessconsuela

princessconsuela

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 6:34 am

I think most of the times she forgot about him or didn't care about his opinion were for humour purposes. They loved each other equally IMO. Also I love how they both don't believe in soul mates but are still so sure of their relationship and the love they share. smile
Back to top Go down
http://justabeautifulunfolding.tumblr.com
Andy

Andy

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 1:33 pm

channy wrote:
I agree with Adriane as well. The two of them are really an example that a good relationship is not only based on the soulmate thing, or the fact that it's meant to be, but also that if you want to be in a good, steady relationship, you need to work on it and you need to be flexible enough to accept others with both their flaws and virtues.

For sure. Remember in season 8 when Mon goes like: - "No, I don’t think that you and I were destined to end up together. I think that we fell in love and work hard at our relationship. Some days we work really hard." haha I always crack up with this one, because I know the feeling!

Ken Adams wrote:
I'm sure she did. She did say some harsh things, and commented on his sexuality, but it was all the writer's fault, for the sake of humor I guess, I still didn't like it tho...(i.e saying things like "I'm not a bride anymore, now I'm just someone's wife" "are yo trying to say we're moving to tulsa ot that you're gay" "that's clearly a joke, this could easily be true(about ross writing that chandler was as gay as the day is long)" That really bothered me. But ignoring all those jokes you could tell she really loved him,I think she even said I love you way more times than he did and most of the times she started the kisses.

princessconsuela wrote:
I think most of the times she forgot about him or didn't care about his opinion were for humour purposes. They loved each other equally IMO. Also I love how they both don't believe in soul mates but are still so sure of their relationship and the love they share. smile

Right, this were for the jokes of course, you know, like everybody else always kinda joked about Chandler's sexuality and stuff, which is funny but always makes me feel sorry for him, poor thing!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?   Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her? Empty

Back to top Go down

Did Monica love Chandler as much as he loved her?
Page 1 of 1