Central Perk
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeFUCK YEAH FRIENDS CAPSLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

+++ click on the picture above for details on friends marathon +++
Central Perk's Friends Marathon is about fans uniting and re-watching this amazing show together!

Movie?

Go down 
+10
JennyFriends
MsChanandlerBong
Andy
SmellyCat
jonsku
princessconsuela
chandlerbing
ah-unagi
his_lobster
channy
14 posters
AuthorMessage
channy
Admin
channy

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Movie?   Movie? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:05 am

Would you like a Friends movie or not? If y/n, why?

I personally never really thought about it much... I guess I liked it how it ended. It was painful and heartbreaking, yes, but a movie would not last more than 2 hours so it would have to end too so... I guess what I'm trying to say is that Friends is a TV show. NO movies (OR SPIN-OFFS DAMMIT.)
Back to top Go down
http://fuckyeahfriendscaps.tumblr.com/
his_lobster
his_lobster

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:16 am

i would love a movie just so we have something new to watch!! but i do agree with the fact that it IS a TV show and a movie would be kind of weird. Like other shows that have made movies; maybe they were good but did not capture the feeling the show had. With FRIENDS I think it would be the same, no matter how many people still love the show. I think a reunion special or something similar would be the best way to go. Maybe it won't be the actors in their FRIENDS character, but they would be together and we would get that feeling of the characters coming to life again. i would loooooove a reunion! <33
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/gardhytejeda
ah-unagi

ah-unagi

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 1:12 pm

I would love to have a Friends movie! I would only want it as kind of a "10 years later" type of thing and it could be mainly all flashbacks to what happened after that last episode of season 10.
But I do love Friends as just the series, I didn't even like the spin-off "Joey". I also know that, I think it was Matt Leblanc who didn't want to go back to friends, which is understandable. It would be awesome if they somehow did make it though!
Back to top Go down
chandlerbing

chandlerbing

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:04 pm

As much as I miss it, I don't want a movie. I don't know if I'd even want any spin-offs. I was always hoping that there would be, but as I said in another thread on here, the last episode was so brilliantly done, that I wouldn't want them to take away from that by doing any more episodes or anything. The ending was perfect, as perfect as they probably could ever get it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.specterross.tumblr.com
princessconsuela

princessconsuela

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:16 pm

chandlerbing wrote:
As much as I miss it, I don't want a movie. I don't know if I'd even want any spin-offs. I was always hoping that there would be, but as I said in another thread on here, the last episode was so brilliantly done, that I wouldn't want them to take away from that by doing any more episodes or anything. The ending was perfect, as perfect as they probably could ever get it.

I agree. I miss Friends so much and sometimes I think it'd be great to have new material but ultimately everything ended perfectly. I would not change one thing about it. I don't want it possibly ruined.

If we did get a renuion or something, I'd rather have an episode or few rather than movie, too. I think the whole feel of the show would be different in movie form.
Back to top Go down
http://justabeautifulunfolding.tumblr.com
his_lobster
his_lobster

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 3:47 pm

chandlerbing wrote:

yesss the ending was so perfect! <3
Back to top Go down
jonsku

jonsku

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyWed Aug 03, 2011 10:02 pm

I wouldn't want a movie, no way. Just look how they ruined Sex & the City, from my point of view the movies were a disaster. So they better leave Friends as it is cos it ended perfectly.
Back to top Go down
http://jonsku.tumblr.com
SmellyCat
SmellyCat

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 3:26 am

I'd like maybe just a 40-minute reunion episode, but not a whole movie. I'd say that I want Joey to be single, but he'd be 43+ and idk, it'd be a little strange. My headcanon says Joey/Rachel endgame, but that can't ever happen thanks to Ross. :(
Back to top Go down
http://haaaaaaveyoumetted.tumblr.com/
Andy

Andy

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:39 pm

Don't want a movie at all. It's like making Back to the Future 4.
Back to top Go down
http://centralfiles.tumblr.com/
his_lobster
his_lobster

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Andy wrote:
Don't want a movie at all. It's like making Back to the Future 4.

omg i love back to the future!!! smile and you're right!! haha
Back to top Go down
MsChanandlerBong

MsChanandlerBong

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:07 pm

I don't want a movie just more in depth interviews with the actors about their time on Friends. I have seen a handful of like "E! True Hollywood Story" type stuff, but not an actual sit down with the actors to discuss things.

To me, that's as close to a movie as I ever want to get. ;)
Back to top Go down
JennyFriends

JennyFriends

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 5:50 pm

hmm I really don't know if I want it or not.
I would like to see a movie where they meet and we see what happened with them after all that stuff in the last episode... but i'm also very afraid that they'll ruin all the magic.
If they do it, it better be reeeeeeeeeeeeally good :P
Back to top Go down
SmellyCat
SmellyCat

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:15 pm

Yeah, they'd have a heap of pressure on them if they ever did a movie. I'm hoping they do a big hour-long interview in 2014 (tenth anniversary of the finale, twentieth of the premiere). I just really need to see them together again.
Back to top Go down
http://haaaaaaveyoumetted.tumblr.com/
lexcentralperk

lexcentralperk

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:00 pm

Yes, an interview or a documentary about the show, showing curiosities, memories, reviews of the tenth seasons with the six of them, the creators, guest stars... something to celebrate an anniversary and maybe a reuinion episode along with it. I would be happier watching something like this than a movie.
Back to top Go down
http://sittingonthetopoftheworld.tumblr.com/
Marla

Marla

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:57 pm

It would be awesome if there was 'Friends the movie'.
Except the producers and writers would have to be up to our crazy standards.
They would definitely have to have the exact same cast, typical Joey pick up lines and stupidness, they would have to make sure that they keep the essence which makes up most of the characters personality's.
Back to top Go down
http://ladymarla.tumblr.com/
LittleHarmonica

LittleHarmonica

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 5:26 am

Hm, i don't know if that would fit with "Friends". And since it ended so perfectly, i don't want the movie to change that or anything. What i do know though is that i would love to see the cast back together again somehow. The reunion show seems like a great idea. Almost 7 years have passed since the show ended already, so i think it wouldn't be too early if they did it sometime soon.
Back to top Go down
Mrs.Bing

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 3:36 am

I always thought that it would be such a good idea that if they did decide to make a movie it would be a few years later and it shows the friends characters and how they drifted and how they come together again.
For example, Joey a big star in Hollywood. Maybe he just made a movie and he becomes a big star or maybe he goes MIA and the group are all concerned about him because they've all moved on with their lives and Joey is still stuck in the past.
Rachel and Ross engaged and it shows Emma being 10, 11 and Ben a 16 year old who neglects Ross for not being their much as he got older. (Of course they have to show Carol and Susan)
Chandler and Monica raising their two twins out in that house and the twins are now 8 or 9. Maybe Jack is like Chandler and Erika is like Monica and it shows how different the two are. I always thought it would be amazing if in the movie Monica finally got pregnant and there was this big moment.
I thought that they could start the movie with Phoebe giving birth to a child with Mike, or maybe even her storyline in the movie is that David comes back again and Phoebe still has feelings for him.

And the way they all come together is maybe because Central Perk is closing down, Ross and Rachel are reminiscing and they take Emma back to Central Perk only to find out that they have now closed down and Gunther's gone MIA. Or maybe they start the movie with Rachel and Ross fighting again.. and Rachel goes to Monica to reconcile even though they've drifted. I don't think it would truly be f.r.i.e.n.d.s if Rachel and Ross didn't fight. I don't know these were just my ideas. I also thought that Gunther could confess his love at Ross and Rachel's wedding day...

Tell me what you guys think!
Back to top Go down
JennyFriends

JennyFriends

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:32 pm

I loved the idea about Joey, Rachel and Ross, Ben and the twins...
But I think it wouldn't be cool if Monica got pregnant.. I mean, the twins were adopted, so you can imagine how weird it would be for them.
And please, no David. He was not for Phoebe, they just didn't fit!
Oh, the idea for them coming together cause Central Perk is closing down it's awesome! :D

I agree, Rachel and Ross should fight... but I think it would be nicer if Rachel goes to Gunther, like: she's upset, goes to Central Perk and find out it's closing down and look for him, they start to talk, she's confused and BAM! We have a whole drama around all of that.. Ross trying to win her back and stuff... Well, in the end we all know what's going to happen, but it would be cool xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Movie? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Movie?   Movie? Empty

Back to top Go down

Movie?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Central Perk :: The one where Friends lovers unite :: The one with the discussions :: Other-
Jump to: